Join the fun to help families in need through the holidays at the 23rd Annual Ride and Run With The Stars 2016.
To Benefit: “Ride and Run With The Stars” proceeds benefit the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Christmas Sharing Project, which helps crime victims, children and families through the holidays.
Cost: The registration fee for all participants is $25. ($35 starting November 6) The fee includes a long-sleeve logo T-shirt, food and giveaways, 10K Family Bike Ride, 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk/Skate or 25 Mile Bike Ride. The 5K Chipped race is $30 ($40 starting November 6) The 2016 Challenge – 5K Chipped Race and the 25 Mile Bike ride is $40. (Maximum of 25 participants) The Fort De Soto Park daily parking fee of $5 will be WAIVED during the event.
Please Note: *Children registering for the 5K Chipped Race must pay entry fee.
Grand Prizes: High quality bicycles.
Silent Auction: Bid on great sports gear, getaways and gift baskets.
“Everest Challenge” Climbing Wall: For all ages. Test your skills on the 25 foot “Everest Challenge” climbing wall.
Date: Saturday, December 3rd, 2016
Where: Fort DeSoto Park in Pinellas County (All events start and finish at The Fort picnic area.) Daily parking fee of $5 will be WAIVED during the event.
Events: Ride and Run With The Stars Event Schedule:
December 3rd, 2016
- Registration Opens 6:30 a.m.
- 5K Chipped Race 7:30 a.m. (Downloadable 5K Map)
(Best times for runners in designated age groups will be recognized.)
- 2016 Challenge – 5K Chipped Race and 25 mile bike ride. 5k Chipped Race portion starts at 7:30 a.m. (Downloadable 5K Map) – Bike helmets are required
- 25 Mile Bike Ride 8:00 a.m. (Downloadable 25 Mile Ride) – Bike helmets are required
- 10K Family Ride 8:15 a.m. (Downloadable 10K Map) – Bike helmets are required
- 1 Mile Fun Walk/Skate 8:30 a.m. (Downloadable 1 Mile Map)
- K-9 Demonstration 9:30 AM
- Santa, Mrs. Santa & Elf Arrive 10:00 a.m.
- Silent Auction Closes 10:30 a.m.
- Special Drawings & Awards 10:30 a.m.
Entry Forms: “Ride and Run With The Stars” entry forms will be available through the Sheriff’s Office or you can click here to download the 2016 registration form.
Contacts: For information about Ride and Run With The Stars sponsorship opportunities, registration and giveaways, call Lieutenant Joe Gerretz at (727) 582-5960. For information on the Sheriff’s Christmas Sharing Project, or to “adopt a family”, call Sandra Garcia-Olivares at (727) 582-6465.
Disclaimer: “Ride With The Stars”, Inc. is registered with the Florida Department of Consumer Services #SC-12894 “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”